On this page you will find out the best techniques and tips to keep your boots in their best condition, allowing them to last for years to come.
Just follow these simple steps to keep your boots at their best.
To ensure your Le Chameau rubber boots stay in good condition it's important that they are regularly cleaned with water and allowed to dry naturally.
Occasionally you might notice a white powdery "Bloom" on the boots. This is perfectly normal and is insoluble particles that have risen to the surface, which is largely due to the characteristic of a premium product made from high-grade rubber and will not compromise the durability or performance of the boots.
- When removing your boots, use a boot jack to avoid damaging the heel.
- Clean your boots with nothing more than water and a brush.
- Let the boots air dry.
- Use a silicone spray and polish using a soft, dry cloth.
- Keep your boots in a dry and ventilated place, away from direct sunlight and away from any heat source.
- If the boots get wet, please dry the lining thoroughly before using them again. Crumpled newspaper will help.
- If storing your boots for a long period, clean them thoroughly and store away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry place.
- Never dry your boots in direct contact with a heat source like a radiator or a fireplace.
- Do not use aggressive products, like detergents, to clean your boots.
- Never store your boots in a damp condition, near a heat source or folded.