The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
2. When you order, we need to know your address, email and payment details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
3. We use your personal information for fulifilling your order. We will only contact you as a specific part of the order process or for marketing purposes for Le Chameau seasonal marketing and e-newsletters. You can unsubscribe from this at any time by contacting [email protected]
4. When you sign up to the Le Chameau email newsletter, you also automatically become a subscriber to our Le Chameau postal marketing materials which are sent infrequently throughout the year. If you would like to unsubscribe at any time, please get in touch with us by emailing [email protected] or calling us on 01572 772444.
5. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
6. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by contacting us on [email protected].
7. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
8. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at [email protected] or by telephone on 01572 772444.
Staying in touchThere are a few different ways in which we collect data, here are the ways that we can collect data from you:
- Our Website
- Online Purchases
- Events and Shows
Getting to know youCollecting data enables us to make our product and brand experience relevant to you. Dependent on where we meet you or how you come across us, we can collect different kinds of data…
If you visit our website:
With your express consent, if you sign up to our newsletter, sign up to our postal mailouts, enter a competition or sign up at an event, we collect:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Postal Address (if provided)
If you make a purchase, we collect:
- Payment details
- First Name
- Last Name
- Delivery Address
- Billing Address
- PayPal - an alternative secure and convenient payment gateway
A cookie is a small file which can be placed on your computer's hard drive. It can have one of the following functions:
1) To enable certain website functions.
2) To provide analytics to us about you and your buying habits.
3) To store your preferences.
4) To enable ad delivery and inform targeted advertising.
Cookies are either session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies will end when you close your browser whereas persistent cookies remain until they expire or you delete them. Persistent cookie duration depends on the individual cookie’s settings.
We use Google cookies for some of our analytics and ad personalisation. You can find out more on Google’s Privacy & Terms site, including how cookies are used for ad personalisation here.
Prioritising your data security at all times
We use the following software to keep your data secure:
These are the only environments in which we store payment details and billing information. To keep you secure and prevent you getting any unwanted marketing, we only provide access to customer data to designated employees within Le Chameau. Where necessary, customer data is communicated securely through encrypted channels. In the rare event of a data breach, we follow strict procedures to make you aware of any compromises to the data we hold about you.
By post or by email
When you opt in to emails, postal marketing, or both – we use the information you have given us to send you relevant information about Le Chameau and our products.
When we send you something by post, we use our carefully selected mailing house to ensure secure delivery and handling of your address information. All details provided to the mailing house are sent by secure transfer on an SFTP – which is essentially a secure online folder which can only be accessed by us and them with the use of password verification.
When you sign up to our email marketing, postal marketing, or both – we will use the information you have provided to send you relevant information about our products and brand.
Any postal mailouts are either sent directly from us or from our chosen mailing house - all details are transferred securely through SFTP file transfers, which are a clever way of sending data through secure systems instead of on email.
Marketing from other companies
When you make a purchase with us and opt-in to having your data shared with carefully selected third parties, your data may be shared securely with a data cooperative who will match you with relevant participating retailers from within the following product categories: clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors. They share information on customers' purchases to better understand consumers' wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications to consumers to try to match you with products and services relevant to you.
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please email us on [email protected].
- If you’d like to unsubscribe from any of our marketing, you can do so by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in any of our marketing emails, by emailing us on [email protected] or you can call us on 01572 772444. You will still continue to receive emails relating to any orders you have placed.